Ashardis’ Hammer/Shotgun Build To Blast!
This build is a pure dps build that depends on Blast AoE & Weakness stacks build to give you buffs with some interesting CD’s.
Active Skills :
1. Rupture. (Hammer) – Main resource builder. 4x5m Blast AoE. Does more damage with 0 Hammer Resources which you’ll make sure you never have by spending it all right away!
2. Hell To Pay. Hammer Spender. 4x5m Blast AoE. The go-to spender when you used No Mercy and you’re starting another pack. Does ~5% more damage than No Mercy without the autocrit buff.
3. Both Barrels. Shotgun Spender. 60° 7m Cone Blast AoE. 4s CD. The OTHER spender. I will explain below. Does same damage as Hell To Pay.
4. No Mercy. Hammer Spender. 4x5m Blast AoE. It will autocrit if you use it within 30s of killing another mob. This makes it a very nice finisher when the mobs start dropping as you’ll crit each time from then on, critting = maybe killing one more. Rinse n repeat
5. Pump Action. Shotgun Resource builder. Mainly used for single target damage, since some things doesn’t take AoE damage to well. Easily replaced.
6. Touchdown! Mainly a mobility CD. 20s CD. Does 50% more damage AoE, although not Blast, than the other spender skills and you move to your target.
7. Shockwave. 4x8m AoE. Big damage Elite skill. 30s CD. Has an Impair component that makes it attractive for interruptions
Passive Skills :
1. Improved Blasts. This is the key passive for this build. Builds Weakness stacks when you hit mobs with Blast effects for less damage done.
2. Punishment. Builds Crit Power stacks whenever you hit a Weakened mob aka. all the time.
3. Paradigm Shift. Stealing a little from Chaos/Theory, this builds Hit stacks whenever you hit a Weakened mob aka. all the time.
4. Hard Impact. Hammer attacks does 10% more damage.
5. Tenderizing. Does X extra damage whenever you hit a Weakened mob.
6. Dead on Target. Shotgun attacks does 10% more damage.
7. Brawler. Gives you 15% more Crit Power.
Everything pretty much does AoE for loads of damage on packs of mobs. Weakness stacks on the mobs for less damage done, +Crit Power and +Hit stacks on you! Strong finish on dying packs that are low on health, since No Mercy will automatically Crit.
The way I play this is like this : 1 2 1 2 3. So builder, spender, builder, spender, spender. Note that I can use the Both Barrels after Hell To Pay because the blasts also builds Shotgun Resources on the target, making it possible to use 2 “Consume All” spenders in a row for Big Damage. HtP uses all the Hammer Resources, BB uses the Shotgun ones. If I had killed something just before I engaged a pack, I’d push : 1 4 1 2 3 and then return to normal rotation.
There are many ways you can go with this build. If you think No Mercy is too weak for it’s limited use, you can replace it. Same with Pump Action, although if that’s taken away, you’d need to find something other single target’y. If this isn’t a Shotgun attack, consider replacing Dead on Target aswell for some other useful passive.
Perhaps an defensive stacker like Bullheaded/Hardcase (Physical/Magic Protection) Offensively, you could go for Gunsmoke (Shotgun/Control), essentially another “Tenderizing” for more damage per hit.
Thanks for reading