End-Game Fist Healing

End Game Fist Healing

8 votedEnjoy this build? Vote for IT!
While there are multiple viable healing builds at end-game, it is the general belief that the in most situations, fist offers the most powerful healing options for Elite and NM level healing.
Over the last few weeks, I have been testing out a number of different builds, including fist with both Blood and Pistol.  What follows is a general guide of what I have found that seems to work well.
(this is a work in progess that I will update as I complete additional portions)

Burst Based Fist/Blood healing with Damage Builder:

The benefits of this build is that by building with a blood dps ability, it allows you to use two ability consumers, instead of just one.  There is some discussion of the viability of a damage based builder, however keeping it as an option is always good.

Actives:
Bloodline
Pack Leader
The Scarlet Arts or Exquisite Corpse  (Blood Consumer)
Vigour or Empathy
Surgical Steel (Claw Consumer)
Cauterise
Fired Up (Elite Consumer)
Passive:
Mad Skills (By using bloodline as your builder, it allows you to use passives that activate only by damage abilities.  This means spells such as “Mad Skills” will proc)
Healing Sparks
Hot Iron
Empowerment
Shadow Medic
Brawler
Culmination
Optional changes:  Including Alpha Wolf, Subtlety (if needed), Trade Bloodline for Open Vein and use Chain Misery on fights with Healing or Barriers, Ready for more if a dispel is needed.
 This is the basic upgrade from my elite healing build found HERE.  It swaps out a few abilities that I have since found to be upgrades or improvements from my elite healing build.
As stated before, the inclusion of a dps based builder allows you to build two resources at once.  Additionally, you can use Mad Skills & Culmination by using this builder, allowing some passive healing as well as an increase in Crit rate.
Finally, I have included either The Scarlet Arts or Exquisite Corpse as your blood consumer.  As long as Exquisite corpse is bugged, it is clearly the better ability.  However, since we will not to focus our builds around bugged abilities and exploits, I would suggest using The Scarlet Arts.  It will not make you reliant on use of a bugged ability/expolit.

HOT based Fist/Blood healing with Damage Builder:

The HOT based Fist/Blood healing build is similar to the one above.  Instead of focusing on burst healing, you focus on your HOTs.

The build is:

Actives:
Bloodline
Pack Leader
The Scarlet Arts (Blood Consumer)
Vigour or Empathy
Creature Comfort (Claw Consumer)
Cauterise
Radiance (Elite Consumer)
Passive:
Subtlety
Hot Iron
Empowerment
Making Amends
Brawler
Culmination

In general, this build is the counterpart of the one listed above.  However, instead of healing with burst healing, you are healing with use of dots.  There are a number of folks out there who really like the effects of Creature Comfort and Radiance combined, which require a different load-out of passives.  By removing the direct healing from this build, you free up a few passive slots.  These can be replaced as you wish, however I just included Sublety into the build.

Burst Healing with Healing Builders
Coming Soon

Hot Healing with Healing Builders

Coming Soon

Pistol Inclusion:

Coming Soon
Share in top social networks!
Tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to End-Game Fist Healing

1. Destahd says:

VDM%-%6943079%-%5781968%-%6956306%-%6943027%-%6942615%-%6942617%-%6943042%-%6942468%-%6942834%-%6942616%-%6943034%-%6839466%-%6368910%-%6956307

2. Will Skyfall says:

As of September 18, “Mad Skills will now trigger when critically healing.” How does this change affect the builds listed above? Is Bloodline still your builder of choice?

• AelaAela says:

I use bloodline when I am using Blood/Claw healing and using a dps builder.

I currently have found we are (generally) overgeared for most of the content, therefore I don’t need my “best” healing output build. I often use Pistol/Fist or AR/Fist instead. These give me less healing, but more flexibility (buffs and dps respectively). As it stands, the use of Exquisite Corpse makes a HUGE difference when your tank needs the extra healing to live through big hits.

I do need to update this build, however, as it is out of date. I use Nurture (and Cauterise) all the time when pushing a hard HOT based healing build.

• Kate says:

I would be most grateful for an updated guide, Aela! I’m currently running a blood/ele dps build that I actually love, as it works wonderfully with my Husband’s tank-ish build. I would like to branch out in to either a heals or a support role, using blood or elemental as a basis for each, respectively.

Thank you for your time and work that you have put in to this guide! I am looking forward to what you have in store for us. :)

3. Ashpool says:

Thanks for this guide! I am now looking to tweek my Fist\Blood healer up to be optimal for NM content so this is a great help. One question, how useful is Pack Leader in this build? I get that there may be some elite boss encounters where the group may need extra glance mitigation but is it only this situational? or are you using it on CD? I guess I am wondering whether the inclusion of another Blood shield or fist HoT would not be better in most circumstances?

A genuine question not a criticism and i shall be running this for a while to find out for myself. Might take me a little while to get Mad Skills though as I have not dipped into pistol at all yet.

Thanks once again :D

• AelaAela says:

Nah it’s fine. At the time i made the basics of this build (pre-release) no one was really sure 100% what glance rate was going to be. As it stands, I typically don’t end up using Pack Leader. Unlike the other group buffs (breaching shoot, Deadly Aim), Packleader is not very useful. I should, probably update these builds, however keep in mind the build isn’t perfect, you can determine your own changes, but gives a viable option as stands. (I did use this build to heal for some time).

4. Asdran says:

You use Bloodline as a builder, but don’t have “Finish the Movement” Weird

• AelaAela says:

Yeah I’m not 100% sure of the necessity for Finish the movement. It definitely is an option, however as part of Bloodline, finish the movement only gives bonus blood resources. I didn’t typically have issues having the blood resources needed since I was typically building for fist as well. I use Exquisite Corpse, and i find I always have enough blood built up to cast it as needed. To me, it was a wasted ability slot. It didn’t seem to effect my healing output as much as other skills in its place.