Coming August 28, 2012
Funcom released information on its forthcoming update. Issue #2 will be released on 28-Aug. Digging Deeper continues the Secret World’s pattern of regular themed updates. In this new updates, players will receive a number of new character customization options, several new quests, two new nightmare dungeons and the game’s first auxiliary weapon.
- The Modern Prometheus – character customization shop.
- Ockham’s Razor – character customization shop
- Digging Deeper – Kingsmouth Code continues
- Death and Axes – More with Sophie in Besieged Farmlands
- Strangers from a Strange Land – Red has information about Solomon Island’s Viking past
- Iele in the Shadowy Forest needs help reviving singing stones.
- New Auxiliary weapon, the Rocket Launcher. This comes with a new quest line and possibly an eight active ability slot?
- Nightmare Dungeons: The Facility and Hell Eternal
But that’s not all, Funcom also announced their free trial program. Interested customers will have to register for the free trial at the Secret World home page. From there they will be given a 3-day access to the game. The TSW free trial features an achievement award: players who complete 30 missions during the free trial will have their trial extended two additional days and will receive 1200 bonus points for the Funcom store.
It has also been teased out that the first TSW raid will debut at Gamescom this week. We will update this page as soon as we know more! For now, take a look at the two teaser images at the beginning of the post.