Assault Rifle and Elemental DPS
An Elite Dungeon Build
This is a DPS build submitted by one of our readers, Nendragon using our TSW Guides Build Submission page. Nendragon suggests this build for elite dungeons. He also distinguishes between the “must have” elements of his build and the “can take” elements, giving the user some flexibility to take the core build module and tailor it to their individual tastes. In the Key Features area, Nendragon distinguishes between build choices for dungeons and those for solo PVE play.
- Safety Off – AR builder (*)
- Three Round Burst ( or Fire At Will) – AR consumer (*)
- Blaze - EL consumer (*)
- Molten Earth – EL elite (+)
- Arc Flash – EL AE (+)
- Confuse - deaggro
- Turn The Tables – self heal
(*) – required , (+) – highly recommended
- Bloodsport - Fists, give Affliction on hit (*)
- Extra Bullet – AR, improve builder DPS (*)
- Aidelon - EL, make Blaze crit if target afflicted (*)
- Salt in the Wound - Fists, additional damage (+)
- Elemental Precision – adds +10% on elemental damage (+)
- Eagle Eye – adds +10% on AR damage
- Criticality - additional chain damage on crits
This revolve around very strong Blaze consumer, which will automatically crit due to Bloodsport (targets afflicted) and Aidolon. Core parts of this build (*) cost about 300 AP.
This means you can start using this build fairly early, and your DPS on bosses would consist of about: 35% Blaze, 25% Safety Off, 20% TrB/FaW, 10% Molten Earth, 7% Salt Wound…
Same build is great for PvE/questing too, only replace Confuse with Anima Shot, and use Fire At Will instead of Three Round Bursts. With Fire at Will (FoW), you have also very strong AE, using Arc as builder and FoW as consumer.
Reasons for some choices:
-SafetyOff has one of highest DPS for builders (especially with ExtraBullet), FAR better than ArcFlash
-Molten Earth is better DPS than Red Mist for bosses (better dmg per cast time = better DPS), and even for soloing (slightly lower DPS there than Mist, but HUGE advantage due to root)
-Salt In The Wounds gives 2-3 times more DPS than Molecular Exploitation (ME probably has CD) … and you already researched it with Bloodsport
- Criticality has nice synergy with Blaze (it triggers off Blaze crits, which are guaranteed with Bloodsport and Aidelon)
Safety x3 -> TrB or FaW -> Blaze = rotation, 5.5sec
When off CD use elite Molten Earth, and when needed use deaggro and heal.
No specific stat needed for core function, although crit is good for side passive Criticality.
But usually best to gear evenly Penetration, Crit etc