TSW Guide to Digging Deeper
Update #2 hits the Secret World
September 12, 2012
You can view the patch notes for Patch 1.2 (coming soon!)
Nip and Tuck, anyone?
- Digging Deeper – Henry Hawthorne in the Kingsmouth church starts this continuation of the Kingsmouth Code. (Note: Player must first have completed Kingsmouth Code Quest line)
- Death and Axes – Everyone’s favorite inn-keeper Sophie has started to get some very bad feelings that something in afoot in Besieged Farmlands. Follow this quest line to learn the truth!
- Strangers from a Strange Land – This investigation mission starts to tie together the main story-line of Solomon Island with the lore of both Darkness Wars and Polaris! In this quest, Red has information about Solomon Island’s Viking past!
- Singing Stones: Iele in the Shadowy Forest needs help reviving singing stones. Learn the secrets of the songs of the Forest.
Character Customization Options
Ockham’s Razor – Located just outside the Agartha entrance in London, Ochham’s Razor is a barber shop that allows players to change the look and color of their hair, as well as makeup options. The cost for Ochham’s Razor services are currently set at 200,000 pax.
The Modern Prometheus – Located in a questionable looking warehouse in New York, the Modern Prometheus allows players to change the appearance of their facial features. The cost of this plastic surgery is currently set at 1,000,000 pax.
A New Auxiliary Weapon
Starting at your faction base, once you hit ‘acceptable’ faction levels — Rank 6, or higher, players will be offered a quest to open Auxiliary Weapons. Currently the only Auxiliary weapon offered in TSW is the Rocket Launcher. Unlocking the rocket launcher requires completion of the Venetian Missile Crisis quest line.
Similar to active weapons in TSW, you will have a ability wheel for your auxiliary weapons. While the rocket launcher is currently the only weapon available on the wheel, there are slots for 9 auxiliary weapons (3 melee, 3 ranged, and 3 magic).
The SP for Rocket Launcher works the same as other weapons. In order to max our your Rocket Launcher Skill you will need to put 55 points into the skill line (rank 10). The Rocket launcher tree contains 7 abilities. 4 active, and 3 passive.
Each ability costs 50 points to unlock (for a total cost of 350 AP)
Active (can be slotted in the new 8th active slot)
- Pop Shot: (1 sec activation / 15 second recycle) TAoE – Affects up to 5 enemies in a 5 meter radius around your target.
- Clusterstruck: (1.5 sec activation / 30 second recycle) GTA0E – Affects up to 5 enemies in a 5 meter radius around the target point
- Death From Above: (Instant / 40 second recycle) You rocket jump 15 meters forward hitting up to 5 enemies in a 5 meter radius where you take off and where you land, dealing physical damage. Deals 9% of your maximum health as damage to you when activated.
- Big Red Button: (2 sec activation / 90 second recycle) TAoE – Affects up to 5 enemies in a 5 meter radius around your target
Passive (can be slotted in the new 8th passive slot)
- Range Finder: Increase the attackrange of all Rocket Launcher abilities by 5 meters
- Rocket Science: Reduced the recharge time of Rocket Launcher abilities by 50%
- Warhead: Increases the damage dealt by Rocker Launcher abilities by 15%
A full rework of the Lair System
Within each zone, there is a region called a “Lair” which contains Elite Q10 mobs. Kingsmouth Quest: Unto the Beach, Savage Coast Quest: Sinking Feeling, Blue Mountain Quest: the House Always Wins. Scorched Desert Quest: Return of the Red Nights, Carpathian Fangs: Beyond the Iron Curtain.
In 1.2, the region will now be outlined in dark red on your map, warning unknowing players and keeping them from wandering into the hostile territory unprepared.
Inside the primary entrance to each lair is a repeatable mission. This mission allows players to chose region boss pattern pieces for that region, and aides in completing the puzzle sections.
These Missions are:
- From Beyond the Iron Curtain (The Carpathian Fangs)
- The Spoils of Cold War (The Shadowy Forest)
- Midnight Mass (The Besieged Farmlands)
- Sinking Feelings (The Savage Coast)
- Unto the Beach (Kingsmouth)
- Citadel of Pain (City of the Sun God)
- Return of the Red Nights (The Scorched Desert
Additional lair changes include:
- All lair mobs now have a chance to drop Bind on Pickup rare core items.
- All Lair bosses will now drop two Bind on Pickup rare items, 1 rare signet, 1 rare Glyph kit, and two Region boss blueprints.
- All Region bosses will now drop a loot bag containing 2-4 blueprints to summon that boss, 3 epic Bind on Pickup items, 1 epic signet, 1 epic Glyph kit and a unique Raid Puzzle Piece.
Players can now use the in-game LFG interface when looking for groups. These can be accessed via the Shift+C keyboard shortcut.
Finally, Digging Deeper includes -
Two new Nightmare Dungeons – The Facility and Hell Eternal